The Importance of a Morning Routine
I always said that it was a good thing to wake up early and get your day started before your day really starts. You need that time to yourself to collect your thoughts and do what you need to do to relieve stress and make sure your life is on track
My Morning Routine
Wake Up Early
Skin Care Routine
Fix a Mug of Hot Water & Lemon
Shower / Get Ready
- I’ll get into my skin care routine on another post but it’s just a good way to just me awake.
- Drinking water with lemon whether hot or cold is good for the body in many ways. It hydrates your body, boosts your energy, improves your immune system, promotes healthy and rejuvenated skin, and many, many more. It’s just a refreshing alternative to caffeine.
- Now meditation was a hard thing for me to get down but with a little practice and help from an app-there’s an app for everything I swear- I got it pretty down pat. You are supposed to clear your mind and not think at all and my mind tends to wonder a lot. A good tip was to focus on your breathing, from the inside out and take deep breaths allll the way to your toes. This could take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 or however long you want.
- Journal drafts could go anywhere to blog post drafts to what I need to do this week and this typically takes only a few minutes of my time.
- Visualize; this is where I really focus on the day, weekly, even monthly things I need to accomplish and make sure I have everything I need to do so, so I will not procrastinate or stress about it later.
- My morning exercise routine varies between how much time I have. I walk the dog and do at home workouts or sometimes I try to make it to the gym, it just depends.