Skin Care Routine:
Before starting a proper skin care routine you need to know your skin whether it’s dry, oily, combination or even sensitive. It’s important to know what you’re working with before you start anything and sometimes consulting with a dermatologist isn’t a bad idea just to be sure you’re doing what’s right for your skin.
The basic routine order is
But some experts recommend adding spot treatment or eye creams, it just depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.
The way that I remember is that you want to apply your products from thin to thick. You want to apply your moisturizer last because it’s the heaviest. You also want to think about what they do.
In the morning
- Start of with the cleanser. I would use a gentle cleanser nothing with exfoliating crystals. It’s not good to exfoliate everyday. Your face doesn’t need that much cleaning in the morning either especially if you cleaned it the night before.
- Sometimes the cleanser isn’t enough and you need an extra kick to get rid of some dirt and oils. Make sure you wipe it off using some sort of applicator, don’t just put it on your face. It’s to remove what you cleanser missed.
- Serum is optional but it is a good way to get some of those problem areas. It’s good for dull skin or uneven skin tones.
- Using a moisturizer with SPF (i think) is important no matter your skin type. It’s good to protect your skin from harsh rays.
In the night:
- Start with the cleanser but using something to deep clean the dirt of the day away
- Toner; really get in there!
- Acne treatment another optional one but use it after you cleanse so it’s closer to your skin. You can apply to just problem areas or your whole face, up to you!
- Serum; wait for your acne treatment to dry before adding serum, if you do.
- Night cream; this is different than your daily moisturizer because they slowly absorb into your skin overnight and are super hydrating!
And that’s the way I do it! I didn’t list the product I use because i know everyone’s skin is different but I might do a YouTube video discussing what kind of skin I have and the products that work best for me!