My family Is starting this thing where were trying to eat in as much as possible. With both of us working a lot it can be a little challenging but meal prepping helps A LOT. I’m going to share with you this past weeks menu and even it’s recipes!
As I’ve said before, I’m a vegetarian. My fiance is quite the opposite but he’s been saying that he’s wanted to go on a diet for quite some time now. He said he doesn’t want to miss out on anything but he just wants to clean up his diet a little bit. So we agreed to try to do a meatless Monday where we fine a good, hearty vegetarian food and fix it.
The week we found one on Pinterest that looked pretty good!
It was so good and so filling. My fiance loved it. My little picky eater-not so much. But we made her some spaghetti and she was fine with it 🙂
This was just kind of basic. We made a Doritos Taco Casserole.
This was just simply brown the beef and onion, add some taco seasoning, tomatoes, chilies, mushroom soup, and sour cream. In a 9X13 inch baking dish alternate 3 layers of crushed Nacho Doritos Chips and 3 layers of the beef mixture. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake on 400 degrees until bubbly.
For the Taco seasoning you can use the store kind of you can make your own. I used:
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder.
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano.
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika.
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin.
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt.
On Wednesday we like Hibachi
Who doesn’t love Hibachi? My brother gave me this great hibachi rice recipe tat I partnered with vegetables and my fiance partnered with steak and shrimp.
- 2 cups previously cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for frying
peanut butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
I had never heard of peanut butter sauce and maybe thats just what he calls it?? but anyway that’s how you make it.
- Prepare white rice using instructions on packaging, let cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop all vegetables into finely chopped pieces.
- To make the “peanut butter sauce,” place butter in microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften, stir in soy sauce and garlic powder until mixed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet (or wok-if you have one) bring oil to medium-high heat.
- Fry one egg until no longer runny and break into small pieces using the tip of a spatula.
- Add vegetables to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and stir in “peanut butter” sauce until well mixed. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately.
We picked up two of those Chef Boyardee Pizza Kits and spent the night making pizza-it was fun for the little one too! My man added his own toppings but I just liked the cheese!