- 1 pound of rotini pasta (I used gluten free pasta)
- 1 1/2 pounds of broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 handfuls of spinach (about 4 packed cups)
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of vegan parmesan (I use THIS RECIPE from Minimalist Baker)
- optional for serving: olive oil for drizzling, extra vegan parmesan and/or nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste, lemon wedges to garnish
- Boil water, add in pasta, turn down heat just a bit, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, stir, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the pasta is at your desired doneness.
- Drain all of the water and return the pasta/ broccoli to the pot. Add in the spinach and lemon zest, stir, and cover the pot. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the spinach has begun to wilt.
- While you wait, heat the butter in a small skillet. Once just hot, add in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Take off of heat.
- Stir into the pasta the garlic butter mixture, lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese until fully mixed in.
- Serve and garnish with a bit of extra vegan parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil, lemon wedges, and salt and pepper if desire