Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Casserole
• 1lb lean ground beef
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 12 slices bread
• 1/2 cup margarine
• 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cook ground beef and diced onions in a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
3. While the beef is cooking, dump the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a small mixing bowl. Stir well.
4. Once the beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the frying pan.
5. Pour the sauce over the ground beef and stir until all of the meat is coated in sauce.
6. Spread one side of each of the twelve slices of bread with margarine.
7. Cut each slice of bread in half.
8. Place half of the bread slices, margarine side down, in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
9. Sprinkle 2 cups of the shredded mozzarella on top of the bread.
10. Spoon the meat mixture over the cheese and spread it out evenly.
11. Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of shredded mozzarella on top of the meat.
12. Place the remaining pieces of bread, margarine side up, on top of the cheese.
13. Place the dish in the oven and bake until the bread is golden brown on top. 26-30 minutes.
3 Comments Add yours
May I assume that you make this with fake meat, or just feed it to the rest of fam? 😉
SLOPPY JOES ARE MY FAVS !!! 🤤 great post!!
Everything is very open with a really clear description of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing!